Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Magic in Cypher system.

I've been thinking of a way to make cypher system magic even more wondrous and flexable.

The number one goal is to not bog the system down with new rules or subsystems.

I have already expressed my love for the trading damage for effect optional rules. I think its an easy way to express different kinds of magic within the avalible special abilities.

Just for an example lets look at the special ability Onslaught.

An adept who chooses to flavor his magic with fire (either by choice or by foci) could gain the effect:
2 dmg to catch target on fire.

An adept who chooses to flavor his magic with Ice (either by choice or by foci) could gain the effect:
2 dmg to make your attack armor piercing, ignore 1 point of armor.

Another effect could be a 1 cost to have the attack effect a different pool. For example the cold based attacks effect speed as the slow the target with each attack.

Ice based armor might give an extra +1 armor vs heat based attacks.

Still thinking on this one, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...