Here is my take on a playable vampire race. I see no need to balance it against the normal starting races, since I dont feel doing so would be a very good representation. Although I dont feel its too unbalanced.
* Add 1 to your starting strength or dexterity.
* pick one: Constitution (stamina), perception (hearing), perception (seeing), or perception (smelling).
* Dark sight up to 20'.
* your speed is 14+dex.
* vampyres add 1 to both Defense and armor.
* vampyres have talons that do 1d6 damage. Damage governing attribute can be str or dex your choice.
* -2 to rolls for concentration while in direct sunlight.
* all fire based attacks add +1d6 against you.
* all radiant or holy powered magics are +4 spell power against you.
* vampyres do not heal or regain magic points as normal. They must feed. Feeding is a grapple attack that can only be attempted when a suitable target is below 1/2 hit points. A success attack drains 1d6+willpower hp and mp.
* If vampyres go 48 hours without feeding they take -2 to all stats until they have fed.
* Roll twice:
2: +1 constitution
3-4: communication (deception).
5: dexterity (stealth)
6: strength (intimidation).
7-8: +1 strength
9: willpower (courage).
10-11: communion (persuasion).
12: +1 willpower