Tattoo magic is art of inner force. Tattoo magic is the exclusive domain of the Ryuu brother hood (in my setting). 70% of the brotherhood are monks, While the other 30% are Tattoo priests (As Wizard). Rather than casting spells from a book these sorcerers have the spells tattooed into their bodies. Channeling power into these Tattoos is a wisdom check. If the check fails the same tattoo cant be caste again for one hour. Characters can have a number of tattoos equal to one half their constitution score. All Tattoo spells with a duration other than instant add level to duration of spells.
Weapon Tattoo (Melee)
Level 2. Duration 4.
If this spell is successful, a common melee weapon is summoned. It can be anything from a dagger to a great sword.The weapon damage is based on the level of the caster. 1d4 up to level 6, 1d6 up to level 10, 1d8 at and above level 11.
Weapon Tattoo (Ranged)
Level 3. Duration 4.
If this spell is successful, a common ranged weapon is summoned. It can be a short horse bow or a long bow. The tattoo is always of the weapon being summoned. Damage is the same as the melee equivalent of the same level.
Enhancing Weapon Tattoo (Melee)
Level 4. Duration 4.
If this spell is successful, Melee weapon held by the caster is effected by magic. It will cause some visual effect from a glowing aura to flames coming from the blade. The exact effect is chosen by the look of the tattoo. During the effect damage is added based on the caster level.
The tattoo is of a melee weapon effected by what ever effect is chosen when the tattoo is applied. For example a flaming sword, a dagger covered in Ice, Or lightning swirling around a great sword.
Enhancing Weapon Tattoo (Ranged)
Level 5. Duration 4.
If this spell is successful, a ranged weapon held by the caster is effected by magic. It will cause some visual effect from a glowing aura to flames coming from the weapon. The exact effect is chosen by the look of the tattoo. During the effect damage is added missiles fired based on the magnitude level.
The tattoo is of a ranged weapon effected by what ever effect is chosen when the tattoo is applied. For example a flaming bow, a crossbow covered in Ice, Or lightning swirling around a arrow.
Level 3 Duration 4.
This tattoo is often a rune or a symbolic picture embodying a single attribute. One attribute is chosen as the target when this tattoo is created. This spell grants a bonus to attribute adjustment based on the level of the caster.
A Tattoo with the rune of dexterity could be used to enhance roll for dance, drive, evade or any other skill that's base value is derived from Dexterity attribute.
Level 3. Duration 8.
When the spell is cast, it Summons a common medium size creature with a INT of low or less. The animal is summoned to the place where the spell is cast, whereupon the spell effect terminates. The animal disappears. The summoned animal is part of the essence of the caster. The caster may extend its senses to that of the Summoned animal. The tatoo must be of the animal to be summoned.
Animal Tattoo II
Level 5. Duration 6.
When the spell is cast, it transformer the caster to a common creature of human or near human proportions. The tattoo must be of the animal to be turned into.
Level 3 Duration instant.
Flames burst forward from the tattoo. The range and damage is based on the level of the caster. Jest of flames extends in to a 4' cone.
The tattoo for flame breath is flame tattoos on the part of the body that the flames will shoot from.
Spectral wings spring from the back of the Tattooed man. Giving him flight (mov 12 fly). Each level of the caster adds 2 rounds to the duration of flight rather than 1. This tattoo is always of wings on the back of the tattoo man.
This is only the most common Tattoos available to a starting character. Other more unique tattoos will be available.