Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Monday, May 18, 2015

Very basic 5E D&D (basic 5E Hack)

I'm really working on an even more basic version of 5th edition of Dungeons and Dragons. The free basic rules are great, or even a great start. One option I discussed in my proficiency hack was applying proficiency to abilities rather than skills. I really like this option. But what about another option.

The other day I was thinking about how well the three saves from previous editions of D&D worked. It was easy to tell which of the three categories any one save would fall under. What if those three were very broad skill groups? Physical, Social, and Mental.

So then I have to ask, Is it just one category that the character is proficient? or two? How about full proficiency in one, half on a second, and none on the third. I'm going to give this a try. Maybe once I do I'll come back and post a few pregens made this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...