Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Monday, April 4, 2016

Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed. Rpg

When I first read that a 7th edition was coming, and that there would be some changes I really didn't think much of it. I've run a little Call of Cthulhu, but I've run quite a bit of Basic roleplay system so I'm very familiar with the core system. I had the idea that I really didn't need a new system, I liked the BRP system as it is.

I decided to pick up the quick start, and give it a look over. I was a bit surprised. The level of success system is really nice, no more opposed roll chart. And a built in critical success system for combat.

Bonus and penalty die was a surprise, rolling extra dice and keep either the low or the higher 10s die.

The ability to press a failure into a success is an interesting concept as well.

I was impressed enough that I picked up the investigators handbook. I will be picking up the physical copies once they are available. This looks to be a great system for Cthulhu, I see myself using it for other games as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...