Support this site with every purchase with this link.

RPGNow.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Drow in 5E

Now that I have had more time to look over the new players handbook I have a few choices to make. One of those choices in which races will be allowed in my games.

First up is the Drow, I have never seen the Drow as a good playable race. I actually find their inclusion in the PH to be more misplaced than even the Dragonborn or Tieflings.

Rather than just disallow the Drow as a playable race I have decided to replace them with another subterranean race of elves. And keep Drow as a villainous race of raiders and slavers that they are.

My inspiration will be the Elves from Hellboy II: The golden army.







2 comments:

  1. In an attempt to strip the Tolkein out of my D&D as much as I could, I actually made the Hellboy elves my default elves. Alien otherworldly beings from another dimension with sap-like blood who turn to marble and crumble when they're killed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, Sounds like some Elfhelm added in there as well. Nice!

      Delete

Power 10 for 5E D&D.

As I play more and more fantasy role-playing games, especially D20 variants, I find that some of my favorites are the ones that boil the ent...